Thursday, January 28, 2010

Leadership Installment 1

Hi cadets, this is the latest initiative introduced to our Unit's blog - sharing of leadership quotes/anecdotes (stories) to inspire each and every cadet to be a leader in their own rights!

To be a leader is not easy. It requires us to step outside of our comfort zone and to inpsire others; to motivate and to encourage others to achieve the best in everything they do.

In NPCC, we believe that each cadet is a leader! And just like the quote goes: the leader determines the speed at which the group will progress. If a leader has visions, he/she will lead the followers well. But if a leader is not far-sighted and dedicated, he/she may lose the trust of the followers.

In NPCC, I am sure you've witnessed some great leaders that have inspired you. Share your stories with us. What makes this person a great leader to you? What are the qualities that this person have that makes him/her your pillar of strength?

Simply click on the comments page and start inspiring us with stories of great leaders. We all need to learn to lead; your stories may change someone's life to take the first step to lead.

Mr Syed

2 comments:

YanLin said...

Hi I am YanLin from 2E1. As what Mr Syed has mention, I would like to share one of the NCOs with you.

Having staying in NPCC for about 1 year, I have seen many different ma'am. Till today, I finally found that, because of this ma'am, it gives me the strenght to keep on staying in NPCC. She is Yoke Xin ma'am

Like this year, I really like to thank her a lot. Because in the trainings, she teach us lots of drills. Whats makes her a great leader is that, her "keep on trying" and patient makes me feels that way.

Everytime, she teach us a new drill and we practice it until we finally going to make it but sill, we make a stupid mistake or we do wrongly, she will always make this sound "aiya". Please don't look down at this "aiya" just because of this sound, it gives me a though which was saying "Hey, Yoke Xin ma'am is calling me and the squad to try again and must never give up !" so I will keep on doing the drills until I get it right.

After she teach us a new drills, she will observe us and spot our mistake and slowly teach us again. I would like to thank her eyes man. Haha......

There is other good ma'ams and sirs which have great leadership too. Why I chose Yoke Xin ma'am is because her encouragement that she has gave to me is GREATER than other sirs and ma'am.

Therefore I would like to thank her for this and wish she would continue to be a great leader of the NPCC and best of luck in her N'level.

I have share the great leader of mine. What about you?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Yan Lin for your willingness to share about Yoke Xin ma'am. She is indeed a true inspiration to many juniors.

I am sure that you will emulate her teachings and be a good NCO one day!

Kudos to you for being the first to share. What about the rest? Who inspire you?

Mr Syed