Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sec 3 Leadership Camp - My Reflections

Hi all, it's Zhixin here. I wish to share my reflections for the 2 days 1 night Leadership Camp I attended at Batam on the 03rd & 04th July 2010.

To be a leader, I have learnt that one must first and foremost be a strong follower. A good leader must be able to follow instructions from others. He/she must be able to take feedback from others in order to improve.

One thing that I wish to share is that leadership is not just about holding a position. Rather it is about having influence on people. A leader can have a strong influence others through 4Cs:

1. Character

  • to be honest and gain the trust from others
  • to stand firm by your words and your beliefs
  • to know that majority may not always be right
  • to realise that building one's character is one's own choic

2. Connections

  • to have a leader's head to understand
  • to have a leader's hand to help
  • to have a leader's heart to love

3. Competence

  • to build healthy relationship with others
  • to be able to delegate work and make sound decisions
  • to speak confidently in front of others
  • to be creative in solving problems

4. Commitment

  • to be committed in one's endeavours
  • to show passion in every undertakings
  • to inspire others to belief in giving their best

I think that with these 4Cs, everyone can be a great leader. When working in a unit like NPCC, teamwork is essential. And with that it is my sincere hope that after this short sharing, every cadet can practice these 4Cs and we can all work together to give the best to our Unit!

Yours sincerely,

Zhixin

No comments: