Hi all, I’m Boon Wee here. I wish to share my personal experience for the Cadet Leader Drill Course that I have attended on 9 and 10 November 2010. The objectives are to make us realize the importance of teamwork and discipline as a uniform group. The course focus on teaching the cadets that teamwork and discipline is needed to execute drill and not just individual effort as all man has to play a part for the unit to move orderly with a precise and united effort.
On the 9 November2010, Huiru and I went for the first day of the course. Initially, I was nervous as the instructors were strict especially when it comes to drill.But I managed to get used to the strict style of training later on. We learn or should I say revise basic drills such as Sedi-A,Ke kenan Pu-sing, etc. Compared to normal training, the instructors would go in details about the drill and would point out every single mistakes made by us during the drill execution. The instructors demand us to shout out the timing from every single one of us. They would not move on to the next drill if we do not shout out the timing.We slowly move on to drills such as marching , quick mark time at the rest of the day. The training wasn’t easy and was tiring. I have learnt the importance of One for All and All for one in the course.
On the 2nd day, we revise the drills we learnt yesterday and slowly move on to advanced drills such as Hormat , Flag drills , Rifle drills and baton drills. Out of all the advanced drills, the toughest drill I have experienced was the rifle drills. The rifle drills required sharp and precise movement which need us to move swiftly and quickly with the rifle on hands. I can’t get it at the beginning but I managed to get it after a few practice. We move on to flag drills and batons drills where the Brunei representatives came to observe our training.
After I graduated from this course, I learnt that the qualities of an instructor is,
a. Patience
Never lose your temper
b. Enthusiasm
You must instill in yourself a will to learn
c. Consistency
Set a standard for both yourself and the squad, and do not deviate from it
d. Humanity
Understand the squad’s problems. Praise readily but do not overdo it.
Never humiliate individual members of the squad
e. Personality
As a drill instructor, you must impress your squad with your personality and
Always control them fully.
An individual effort does not bring survival or victory. We need to work as a team to achieve great results.I feel that this course is beneficial to me as it corrects my mistakes and now i am able to execute the drill correctly.
No comments:
Post a Comment