Hey guys, I'm about to share on my experience being involved in this year's National Day Parade @ Marina Bay Floating Platform. It is a great honour to be part of the NDP this year. For the previous years, my seniors who've participated in the Ndp have the same experience but for me it's a little different.
Most of you would be wondering why is it different? Let me Tell you guys, I won't be part of the supporting contingent this year. Instead, I'm part of the Majulah Moment this year. Its a segment where I will march in with other various uniform groups in Singapore. The purpose of this segment is to raise the State Flag up while the National Anthem is being played. It will begin by a group of Senior Citizens passing the State flag to the UGS to raise it up. Again I emphasize it is a GREAT HONOUR to be part of Majulah Moment. I not only represent our unit but also the NPCC Uniform Group. Myself together with another three from different Units would be representing NPCC.
Most of you would be wondering why is it different? Let me Tell you guys, I won't be part of the supporting contingent this year. Instead, I'm part of the Majulah Moment this year. Its a segment where I will march in with other various uniform groups in Singapore. The purpose of this segment is to raise the State Flag up while the National Anthem is being played. It will begin by a group of Senior Citizens passing the State flag to the UGS to raise it up. Again I emphasize it is a GREAT HONOUR to be part of Majulah Moment. I not only represent our unit but also the NPCC Uniform Group. Myself together with another three from different Units would be representing NPCC.
The trainings were held at Amoy Quee Camp ( NCC CAMPUS/HQ). Then we moved on to follow up the combined rehearsals with the whole parade @ the Marina Platform. The Trainings were a bit easier than those who are in the supporting contingent because of the shorter training hours. We were trained by the SAF trainers. It was a little awkward at first because their trainings are different than being trained by a NPCC officer. Yes, it was whole lot of scoldings and lectures till we get everything right.
I started Ndp training on 14th of MAY. I've come so far and finally the NE shows. The Experiences are really spectacular. You get to meet people from different UGS and make friends even though we're not of the same age. I train with people who are in their 17s-20s. Some are even in the first year of university. i was part of the minority because we were only cadets while most of them are officers in their own UGs. It is a really fun experience because you get to learn new stuff during trainings.
I would really like to share with you guys the video of my trainings and during rehearsals but i cant seem to publicize it yet till the actual day. I'll continue the next part of experience when 9th August comes. Wait for it!
I would really like to share with you guys the video of my trainings and during rehearsals but i cant seem to publicize it yet till the actual day. I'll continue the next part of experience when 9th August comes. Wait for it!
Till Then,
Haslam :D

No comments:
Post a Comment