Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fifth (Last) Day Of OEV To Malaysia 2009

Today last day already, quite sad quite happy. Sad because the OEV had ended, kind of short. :( Happy because we are going back to our homeland! :)

Anyway, back to the post. Woke up and had breakfast in the hotel first, then we wore our new Greendale unit tee shirt and track pants to fall in at 8. Then, went back our room, do last checking and say bye bye to our bed and our room. Then, went down to the lounge to assemble and had a short debrief there.


Our plan for today was rather simple. Went to the The Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum, ate at a Nyonya restaurant, and then go shopping and say hi to Singapore.

First stop, we went to the Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum. At there, it was very fun, because we learnt many many interesting facts of the Nyonyas.

For example, we learnt that when a women had matchmaking session, they are not suppose to look at their future husband, but if they are very curious to know how their husband look like, they can only peep through the door hole.

Also, most Nyonya's house is two stories high. But what if you happen to be at the second floor and there's someone knocking on the door. Won’t it be troublesome for you too run up and down to open the door? The people over there are very smart, to solve this problem, they built a so called ‘peeping hole’ on the second floor of their bedroom, so in this way, they won’t have to run up and down. I heard from the speaker also, she mentioned that if the Towkays do not like the person, they will pour water or in fact faeces from second floor, hence chasing away the person.

Also, in the past, the income taxes for widths are expensive, so the people there decided to build a longer length instead of a wider width. I am amazed by their intelligence, because when I first stepped in, the place is really very big, but when you look from the outside, it looks rather small.

There are many many things we learnt from there beside all those I mentioned. Like their clothes they wore, their entertainment, the things that a family should have etc. It was an enriching and interesting trip. But the most unfortunate thing is that they do not allow pictures to be taken over there. Hais... :(


Then, we went to the Nyonya restaurant to have our lunch. The restaurant name is so unique that Joanne and I can remember the shop’s name. It is Bibik Neo Nyonya Restaurant. Their food, oh, it’s so delicious!!! We had chendol as dessert again, but this time round, it tastes nicer! :D

Sorry if there is no picture and had a lot of words, because the place do not allow camera. :(

Then we sat the coach to a bigger shopping centre. We are contributing to Kuala Lumpur’s Economy; the government there should be grateful and thankful to us, shouldn't they? Ha ha. Did last minute of window shopping. Took pictures of that big big shopping centre. Wheez....

Hey Joanne! Be serious ley! Don't waste Mr Syed's Film! Very precious ley, you know?


Uh! That's right, that should be the way. Say cheese...

Kush!, another one, Mr Syed's film very precious you know?, Don't think Mr. Syed not in Malaysia he don't know uh! Hey! Your eyes look here please...

How dare you Kushy! Took a picture when I eating. No respect!
Lucky we never waste Mr. Syed film. Cause got me mah, I supervise Joanne. hehe...

See! Without me, Joanne is wasting Mr Syed's film again. Hais.... ....

Joanne! Don't see the boys lah!, Later, Mr Syed say I never do a good job in supervising you, I kanna pumping ley!
See! No boys, that's why Joanne can take photo seriously. So is all the boys fault, Mr Syed, should be no pumping for me right???

Fountain! Nice right? ha ha

Fishy! Kushy! Hey, that rhymes uh!

All these pictures on the fountain that you see actually carries a story. There are many of these pictures, but because too many, I never take them all, here are just some example. I very good right? I never waste Mr Syed's film. :)

Afterwards, we assembled back, and we sat our coach for Malacca before going back to Singapore. Quite a long long journey back to Malacca. Then, we had a short break and ate something there. Then, went back to the checkpoint in Malaysia to clear our immigrations and custom. Same thing when we reached Singapore’s checkpoint.

Then, we sat the bus back to the HTA. Had a short debrief and exchanged hugs and contacts. Then, we go home.

Overall, I think that this Educational Visit is very fun, enriching and interesting. I certainly learnt many things over at Malaysia. It was real cool and fun. We (Kush, Joanne and me) hope to go for other Overseas Educational Visit. :D



The End :)

No comments: