As you guys know , me ( Yong Teck ) and Stefan will be representing Greendale Secondary School for the Singapore Youth's Festival ( SYF ) Opening Parade. I am very glad to be able to share with you guys my thoughts in regards to the trainings.
Trainings are held at the Home Team Academy located at Choa Chu Kang. I have to admit that it isn't easy for an individual to travel this far weekly to attend the parade's trainings. Trainings are undeniably tough. Afterall, this is a national event and we belong in the GOH ( Guard of Honour) contingent. , we are expected to put on our best performance. We are currently training on the static and rifle drills. The instructors at Home Team Academy are extremely strict with us partly because we are the GOH Contingent.
On the other hand, I managed to make a couple of new friends via the weekly trainings. I have more opportunities to learn and share about their unit's culture and other npcc knowledge. Also, the drills taught in the trainings ( be it static drills or rifle drills ) are taught very clearly and the drills are expected to be executed with precision. Minimal mistakes are sometimes not tolerated. I hope to make use of this opportunity to learn on how to execute the normal drills we always neglect with precision.
Looking afront, there are still a lot of trainings to go. I had to be frank, it is tiring for both, me and Stefan but we are willing to put on our best for the parade trainings. For your information, the SYF Opening Ceremony will be held on 3rd July 2010. I would also like to express my sincere apologies to the respective Sec 1 Squad NCOs if there are anything that i cannot help you on due to the parade trainings.
Lastly, i would like to conclude this post with a video of the previous SYF Opening Parade. Hope it gives a rough idea on how hard we must continue training :D
Yong Teck
No comments:
Post a Comment