Friday, June 25, 2010

My Experience Today (25 Jun 2010) - Sir Khairul (On behalf of Sec 1 Squad NCOs)

Wow today is quite fun but definitely tiring day for me. Four of my fellow NCOs that is Sir Yong Teck, Ma'am Ying Xue, Ma'am Vanessa and Ma'am Charmaine as well as myself took over the Sec 1 squad. Taking a squad is not just about enduring but also how you use your leadership skills and patience. At first, I was nervous as it was my first time taking a squad with 29 cadets and new faces.

As time goes by, we talked and asked them "Is That Clear?" a lot of times until they replied us. As for myself, I had to pluck some courage to give commands like "Squad Sedia, Ke-Kanan Lurus". After that, I did not feel as nervous anymore. I tried getting to know the Sec 1 squad better. I must say that they are funny at times but sometimes they tried to be funny with the NCOs at the wrong time. When they did not respond the NCOs loud enough, we will shout "Are You CLEAR?" a lot of times until they replied us "Yes SIR or MA'AM" loudly and in unison.

I endured one entire afternoon with three of my fellow NCOs as Sir Yong Teck had to attend SYF training. We taught the Sec 1s how to perform 'Hentak kaki' and 'Maju', how to salute and report properly as well as revise their Campcraft knots and marching. At first their drills were not up to standard but when we split them up into two groups and taught them step by step, they improved gradually. We laughed around and had fun most of the times.

Reminder to the Sec 1 Squad: Learn your "Hentak Kaki" properly [Timing, Phase, Glance using your eyes and locking of arms].

The NCOs hope you'll continue to become better when we meet you at the next training! Rest well as you had two full days of training :)

No comments: